Friday 10 October 2008

How do you start a jelly race? Ready, Get Set


Well everything is off and running and (finally) I have crossed the start line and am attempting to catch up to my fellow trekors/players. If you have just stumbled across this blog and have no idea what I am talking about then the following link should help to explain things: http://www.theeveresttest.com/


Please excuse my lateness but I have an excuse (and a note from my Matron): I have been doing extensive training in Central America and New Zealand, climbing volcanoes and labouring on a farm all in an attempt to get me super fit to climb some mountain in Nepal.

Down the side of this blog you will see some photos of me climbing a volcano in Nicaragua and working on the farm in NZ (there is also a photo of me playing keepy-ups with a golf ball - just because I thought it looked cool!!!!!!)

I have just started my training in London and looking forward to the support and companionship of my fellow cricketers. From what I hear the trim trail at Battersea Park is not for the faint hearted and the support from the other guys will go down a treat.

On Wednesday night we had our first official fundraising event, in South Kensington at some bar. My input to the event, although not essential, certainly made the whole night an even greater success (I turned up). But I can not take all the praise and would like to take the time to say thanks to the people that put in a massive effort to make the night a huge success. "Thanks".

Having been starved of cricket for the last year living in New York, I am now looking forward to some pretour nets and a pickled onion.

I am now sitting in Paddy's flat in Parsons Green looking for a job. So if anyone wants to employ me then please start depositing the money in my bank account and I will turn up as and when.

These blogs take much longer to write than originally anticipated. So I must go as I have to watch the highlights of the 3rd session of day 2 of the first test in the current Border-Gavaskar series (missed the the final session due to the inconvenience of an interview with a recruitment agency).
Stay tuned to the second edition of my blog which one can only hope will be more worth reading than this one.

1 comment:

Kiwi said...

Go Kiwi - you are the greatest!